According to the CDC, the flu season can start as early as October and go through May. The height of the season for the US is between December and February. I think I have already experienced a short visit for the flu fairy. Nothing major, a sore throat, really tired and then the never ending congestion. My homeopath said that she’s heard from clients from the east to the west with the same symptoms.
If you’ve had a visit from the flu fairy, here are some homeopathic remedies you could try at home for flu symptoms.
- Arsenicum album Burning pains anywhere in the body. Diarrhea and vomiting, restless, very chilly.
- Bryonia Most symptoms made worse by any motion. A great thirst for large amounts of cold drinks. Very irritable, wants to be left alone. Hard, dry cough made worse by any movement.
- Gelsemium Exhausting flu-feel like run over by a truck, thirstless, chilly, dull, out of it, muscle ache throughout body.
- Influenzinum Prevents the flu, relieves flu symptoms and treats after effects of the flu. (This is the one that has been helping the most so far this season.)
- Rhus-Toxicodendron Extreme muscle aching and stiffness. Flus that come from overexertion or getting cold or wet. Better with continued motion, anxious, restless.
All of these remedies (except Influenzinum ) should be available at your local health food stores. You can buy Influenzinum 9c on line or locally at Kemp Homeopathics in South Park or Arcana Pharmacy in Carmel Valley.
Here’s more flu remedies to check out from National Center for Homeopathy.
If you haven’t had the flu yet. Here are some things you can take to boost your immune system.
- Elderberry syrup which has been proven to both boost the immune system and shorten the duration of cold and flu symptoms significantly. For more information, check out Naturally Nicole. She has a great blog with studies backing up this statement. Here’s an easy 3 ingredient recipe you can make at home. I’ve also made them into gummies which my kids gladly eat.
- Probiotics can help build that healthy gut.
- Wellness Formula (adults) and Wellness Herbal Kids (for kids) by Source Naturals
*If you are pregnant, nursing or under doctor’s care, please seek advice from your healthcare provider before adding new supplements to your diet.
I’m always happy to help you navigate through your symptoms and remedies. If you need some help, contact me at 760 519-0703 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check out my Upcoming Events/Workshops.
Image courtesy of renjith krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net